Tech support to erase hard drive on your Dell Inspiron laptop
Having trouble formatting your Dell Inspiron’s hard drive? If your Dell Inspiron laptop is showing several critical error messages, reformatting your hard drive could be your last resort to save your operating system from crashing. This will help you erase all the data stored on your hard drive, a process known as clean install. Erasing the files will reformat your Dell Inspiron hard drive all over again, just like new.
Erasing the hard drive of your Dell Inspiron laptop can also be used as a security and performance improvement strategy. This is because simply deleting a file from your computer does not remove it from the storage device until the disk space it used is overwritten by new information. A normal Windows ‘Delete’ will send your file to the Recycle Bin from where it can be easily restored back on your desktop. With ‘Shift+Delete,’ the file will bypass the Recycle Bin, but the file can still be recovered back with the help of third-party data recovery software. Thus, as long as the space occupied by a file is not reused to save another file, the ‘deleted file’ can be easily recovered back on your system, making it vulnerable to attack by hackers and spammers.
You can easily delete the hard drive of your Dell Inspiron laptop by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to ‘Start’ and click ‘All Programs’.
- Open the folder by the name ‘Accessories.’
- Hit the ‘Command Prompt’ option.
- If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7 operating system, then right-click on the option and select ‘Run as administrator.’
- Now, type "format x:" in the command prompt. Here, "x" signifies the drive that you want to erase from the hard drive.
- Now press ‘Enter.’
- Type ‘yes’ and again press ‘Enter’ to complete the process.
Call toll free 1 855 361 6161